When it opened its first store 30 years ago, Mcdonald’s Russia was a symbol of change.
Today, under managing director Marc Carena, the company is becoming a beloved symbol of local Russian hospitality.
• McDonald’s Russia operates 760 stores in more than 150 cities, serving 1.8 million customers a day, or around 650 million a year, which means that every Russian comes into McDonald’s four times a year on average.
• The company has 60,000 employees, and is the largest youth employer in Russia. Its suppliers employ another 160,000 employees.
• In Russia, every fifth out-of-home meal, every third coffee and every third ice cream are consumed in a McDonald’s.
• The company has invested about €2.1 billion into the Russian market.
• In 2019, Marc received the Ethics Champion Leadership Award from the McDonald’s Group. The award is given based on anonymous nominations to the person who has gone above and beyond their role to support McDonald’s ethical culture.
• In 2018, Marc was included among the top 100 Business Leaders in Russia by magazine Business Petersburg.
• In 2018, 2019 and 2020, McDonald’s Russia was listed by top20brands.ru as one of the 20 most-loved brands by Russians.
The market is down, McDonald’s is up. How many hamburgers were eaten in the pandemic?
Posted on: September 16th, 2020
McDonald’s restaurant opened for the first time in Perekrestok, near Moscow
The McDonald’s fast food chain has begun to open its outlets in the Perekrestok chain of stores, owned by X5 Retail Group. The business is focused on delivery, but it will also be able to serve takeaway customers in a single dining area of this store.
McDonald’s – The Future of the Food Service Industry
Even after the epidemic is over, the food service industry will not be able to recover quickly, it will take time. Marc Carena, CEO of McDonald’s in Russia, talks about what changes and challenges await the industry in the coming year.